Most people assume their only choice for mountain spring water is to obtain it in plastic bottles or by going to the source themselves. Now the plastic bottles can be eliminated as well as removing excess landfill waste. Just one bottle/container is all you need (we recommend glass). Combining the power of the Mountain Spring System with Biotite Liquid Concentrate structures your drinking water making it as pure and clean as a natural mountain spring!
When Biotite Liquid Concentrate is added to water and passed through this filtration unit, it creates living, oxygenated, fresh tasting water*.
- Circular, free-standing unit
- No electricity needed
- Gravity fed
- 0.2 micron ceramic filter
- Multi-level natural earth filter system
- 11.5” base X 21” tall
- Living, oxygenated, fresh tasting mountain spring water
- Easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to clean
- Plastic water bottles can now be eliminated as well as the landfill waste they create
- 2 gallon capacity
- Filter cartridge replacement very user-friendly
The Mountain Spring system uses the following natural technologies:
* Ceramic filter: with an extremely small, 0.2 micron size sieve. The ceramic filter is highly effective at removing many types of particles that are typically found in water. For example, bacteria range in size from 0.5 to 1.0 microns. A typical ceramic filter lasts about 1 -2 years depending on water quality and number of gallons filtered.
* Natural, 4-layer earth filter: the treated water will filter through 4-layers of earth which include activated carbon, silica sand, ion exchange resin and bio ceramic. Throughout nature, these materials are used to purify the Earth’s waters. A typical earth filter will last for about 300 gallons.
* Magnetic Water Spigot (F.I.R. far infrared): The earth with its natural magnetic fields naturally charges bodies of water such as lakes, wells and running streams. Treating water with magnetic fields can restore the water’s natural energy and balance.
* The Biotite Liquid Concentrate solution combines with water to eliminate or reduce such substances as chlorine and fluoride. The minerals also ensure that bacteria cannot thrive. These ionic minerals are a great catalyst for and supplier of oxygen due to Biotite’s ability to draw and hold oxygen in water.
The System has two water chambers (see photo above). The upper chamber has a 4 liter capacity (approximately 1 gallon) and the lower chamber has an 8 liter capacity (approximately 2 gallons.) After assembly (instructions for assembly are in the box the system came in), fill the upper chamber with water and immediately add about one teaspoon of Biotite. The water will drip through the ceramic filter of the upper chamber, down through the natural, 4-layer earth filter, into the water reservoir (bottom chamber). Use the spigot by pressing in on the lever while holding a container under the spout.*
* The first time the system is set up, after sufficient water has drained into the bottom reservoir to reach the level of the spigot, double check for leaks around the spigot assembly to ensure that the silicone seals are properly tightened. If not, simply hold the outside of the spigot assembly with one hand and turn the inside part of the assembly a little further with the other. You will notice that the inside of the bottom reservoir has a thickened surface at the spigot junction. This was done purposely because that area is put under significant stress and therefore, ensures that the bottom reservoir will maintain it’s integrity.
Periodically remove, brush down, without soap, and then rinse off the (upper) ceramic filter with Biotite treated water, removing whatever residues have built up. Replace the ceramic filter every 1 – 2 years and the carbon earth filter about every 300 gallons. The life of the ceramic filter is determined by the quality of incoming water, the amount of water put through the filtration system and the way in which the filtration system is treated during use. One way to tell when the filter(s) need replacement is if the water coming out of the spigot has lost it’s pressure or the bottom chamber is taking a long time to refill . Another indicator is if there’s difficulty cleaning the ceramic filter residue. If it builds up to a point where brushing and rinsing no longer clean it properly, it’s time for replacement.
Do not overfill either the upper or lower chamber as water can spill out of the filtration system under these conditions. Ideally, the bottom chamber should be one half to completely full and whenever a quantity of water is removed from the lower chamber, an equal amount can then be added to the upper chamber. It’s important to always keep the lower chamber full enough to keep the carbon earth filter wet, which reduces the chance of bacterial contamination. Always treat incoming water with Biotite when pouring it into the upper chamber. This allows the ionic action to w ork immediately and also maximizes the life of the filter cartridges.
If the upper chamber shows signs of contamination and/or residue, simply remove it from the lower chamber and take the ceramic filter out. Then use a mild liquid soap and soft sponge to wipe all interior surfaces and rinse thoroughly before replacing the ceramic cartridge and remounting the top chamber. If the bottom chamber shows similar signs, take the upper chamber off, then remove the carbon filter assembly and bottom chamber cover, discharge any water remaining in the bottom chamber and follow the same instructions as above for cleaning the top chamber. If possible, keep the filtration system out of direct sunlight because sunlight can cause the growth of algae. However, even in situations where that’s not possible, if algae grows, it’s quite evident and can be removed quickly and easily following the instructions above.
If the system has been in use but will not be for an extended period (vacations, etc.) it’s important to realize that the system is designed to be in continuous use so a few simple precautions will apply if that’s not the case. 1. Drain out the remaining water from the bottom tank by putting it into jars or bottles that are handy for this purpose. 2. Carefully separate all the parts and wash them gently in mild soap and water, except the filter cartridges which can be gently brushed with plain water. 3. Rinse all the parts thoroughly and then allow them to dry completely. 4. Re-assemble the system or leave the parts in a suitable box (like the one it came in) until ready for re-use.
SBE price for Mountain Spring Filter ~ $229.95
SPECIAL – February 2018 (with Mountain Spring Filter purchase) –
1 FREE 2 oz. bottle Biotite Liquid Concentrate
*Not currently available in California or Iowa. Notice for CA Residents: Due to certain restrictive water treatment registration laws the Water Filtration unit or replacement filters are not available in California or Iowa. For more information please reference http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/drinking_water/certlic/device/watertreatmentdevices.shtml ”
Note: shipping cost may vary depending on location. We may charge an additional fee for shipping cost and estimates for International orders.